1734 POINT I/O
|Introduction||Product Design||Environmentals and Certifications||Analog I/O Modules||Digital I/O Modules|
|Specialty I/O Modules||I/O Adapter and Communication Interface Modules||Power Supplies||Terminal Base Assemblies and RTBs|
|Hit The Point!||
POINT I/O™ is a family of modular I/O modules that are ideal for applications where flexibility and low-cost of ownership are key for successful control system design and operation. As a key element in the Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture, its comprehensive diagnostics and configurable features allow the product to easily be applied to any automation system and reduce engineering costs through standardization. It can be used in remote device panels, local control panels, and can be accessed from many locations including the Internet. This product is just-what-you-need granularity in one to eight points to reduce system cost and size.
POINT Guard I/O™ modules are safety-rated I/O modules designed to fit into the standard POINT I/O system, offering automation and safety functionality in a maximum density I/O solution. They are ideal for use in applications requiring safety and automation control. POINT Guard I/O and POINT I/O can be controlled by a single GuardLogix controller for both safety and automation control through one node. If separate safety control is required, a GuardLogix controller can be used with POINT Guard I/O modules for safety control and a ControlLogix controller can be used with POINT I/O modules for automation control. No changes are required to the POINT I/O system.
- Extremely fast I/O backplane uses change-of-state (COS) connections to maximize performance (polling available in configuration mode).
- Module assembly mounts horizontally or vertically (no derating required) to fit your needs.
- Compact design lets it fit into limited panel space.
- Auto Device Replacement (ADR) allows OEMs to add machine features and I/O modules without making changes to the machines control software.
- Removal and Insertion Under Power (RIUP) makes it possible to replace a module while keeping the rest of the system running.
- Modular components install easily by sliding together; pull apart easily for maintenance and troubleshooting. No tools needed.
- Removable wiring system for economic system commissioning, troubleshooting, calibration, and diagnostics 70% time and cost savings.
- Efficient network solutions with multiple DeviceNet interfaces, ControlNet, EtherNet/IP, and PROFIBUS DP communication adapters.
- Point Guard I/O is TÜV-certified for functional safety up to and including SIL CL 3 and Performance Level (e), Catagory 4.