|Pico Controllers||Expansion I/O||Accessory Products||Additional Resources|
Using the Keypad
Pico controllers, with on-board keypad and LCD display, can be programmed entirely from the front keypad. Models without the keypad and LCD display are programmed by using PicoSoft programming software or by installing a pre-programmed memory module.
Pico controllers can contain 128 program rungs. Each rung may contain three input instructions and one output instruction. The instruction set includes:
- Input Instructions—examine-on and examine-off.
- Output Instructions—output enable (OTE), set (latch), reset (unlatch), and flip-flop (alternating on/off).
- Timer Instructions—on-delay, off-delay, single pulse, flashing.
- Counter Instructions—count up, count down.
- Real-time Clock Instructions—turn on or off based on time-of-day and day-of-week (models with real-time-clock only).
- Analog Compare Instructions—greater than or less than a setpoint or each other (12V DC, 24V DC, or 24V AC units only).
- Text Display Instructions—display messages, timers, counters, etc. on the LCD display.
Using PicoSoft Programming Software
PicoSoft programming software (1760-PICOSOFT) lets you create, edit, store, upload, download, and test programs for Pico controllers. This software:
- Provides an easy-to-use programming interface.
- Lets you connect a Pico controller to your PC using the PC-to-Pico interface cable (1760-CBL-PM02).
With a Pico controller connected to your PC, you can:
- Compare a program in your PC with the program installed on the Pico controller.
- View the status of inputs and outputs in your program for the Pico controller.
- Test your program with the Pico controller.
Download PicoSoft software free of charge from the Pico web site or order PicoSoft software on CD (1760-PICOSOFT) for a nominal fee.
|1760-PICOSOFT||PicoSoft Programming Software (for Pico only)|
|1760-PICOSOFTPRO||PicoSoft Pro Programming Software (for Pico and PicoGFX)|
|1760-CBL-PM02||Programming Cable, PC to Standard Pico Processor|