SLC ProcessorsSLC Processors
The SLC processors offer a wide range of choices in memory, I/O capacity, instruction set, and communication ports to allow you to tailor a control system to your exact application requirements. These products have a strong reliability history covering hundreds of thousands of installations in a broad range of applications.
SLC 5/01 processors let you configure modular controllers of up to 960 I/O and a 1K- or 4K-instruction memory capacity.
SLC 5/02 processors let you configure modular controllers of up to 4096 inputs plus 4096 outputs nominally and a 4K-instruction memory. By installing an optional scanner module into one of the 30 I/O module slots, you can add ControlNet I/O, DeviceNet I/O, or Universal Remote I/O to the system. They offer 19 additional instructions, including a message instruction for initiating peer-to peer communication.
SLC 5/03 processors let you configure modular controllers of up to 4096 inputs plus 4096 outputs and a memory of 8K, 16K, or 32K words. In addition to the features of the SLC 5/02, they have a second built-in communication port—an RS-232-C port that can be configured for ASCII or DF1 protocol, and can be configured for connection to a 1761-NET-AIC converter to provide access to a DH-485 network. SLC 5/03 processors provide bit-instruction execution times of 0.44 ms and an overall system throughput of up to 10 times faster than competitive processors. Additional capabilities include: floating-point math, online programming and run-time editing, flash memory upgrades, built-in key-switch, and a built-in real-time clock and calendar.
SLC 5/04 and 5/05 processors let you configure modular controllers of up to 4096 inputs plus 4096 outputs and a memory of either 16K, 32K, or 64K words. They have all the features of the SLC 5/03 processors, plus a faster communication port and shorter execution times (bit-instruction execution times of 0.37ms). Instead of a DH-485 port, the SLC 5/04 has a built-in DH+ port for communication with other SLC 5/04 and PLC processors, operator interfaces, and programming terminals. Communication via the DH+ network is three times faster than DH-485 communication. SLC 5/05 processors provide a 10/100BASE-T, 10 or 100 Mbps Ethernet port.
- Simple and affordable processors with broad capabilities to address applications such as material handling, HVAC control, assembly operations, small process control, and SCADA applications.
- Advanced instruction set based on PLC-5 mid-size processors.
- Broad line of digital and analog I/O modules, including intelligent I/O modules and including I/O modules available from third-party (Encompass™ program) vendors.
- Each SLC 5/01 processor has a DH-485 port for programming and processor-to-processor communication initiated from the other node.
- SLC 5/02, SLC 5/03, SLC 5/04 and SLC 5/05 processors have communication ports (Ethernet, DH+, DH-485, or RS-232-C) that can initiate communication.
- Add ControlNet I/O (1771-, 1746-, 1793-, 1794-, 1797-I/O modules) with a 1747-SCNR15 scanner module.
- Add DeviceNet I/O (1791D-, 1793-, and 1794-I/O module and 1792-I/O blocks) with a 1747-SDN scanner module.
- Add Universal Remote I/O (1746-, 1771-, 1793-, and 1794-I/O modules and 1791-I/O blocks) with a 1747-SN scanner module.
- Add BASIC programming capability and DH-485 and RS-232 communication ports with a 1746-BAS or 1746-BAS-T module.