Guardmaster® Safety Relays — DI, DIS, SI, CI, GLP, EM, and EMD
|Introduction||Specifications||Product Selection||Typical Configuration|
|Accessories||Approximate Dimensions||Block Diagrams||Typical Wiring Diagram(s)|
The new generation of Guardmaster® safety relays addresses the broad scope of applications in the intricate safety world with a range of devices. Designed to meet new functional safety standards, such as EN ISO 13849-1 and EN 62061, the new family offers key functions to simplify installation and system complexity. A broad range of safety devices such as safety interlock switches, emergency stop devices, pressure sensitive safety mats, and OSSD devices such as safety light curtains are all compatible with the same relay without additional configuration.The functionality of two standard safety relays can be achieved in one Dual Input (DI) device, allowing connection of two dual-channel input devices into one safety relay.
A TÜV-approved single rotary switch sets the required function of the safety relay and eliminates the typical redundant switch setting process. Selectable functions include simple logic, reset, timing, and diagnostics.
The single-wire safety connection simplifies cascading and expanding safety functions by linking relays with a single-wire connection. A dynamic signal from device to device provides a linkage in accordance with SIL 3, PLe, allowing easy addition of extra I/O, which can be configured with simple logic combinations. Flexible AND/OR logic can be configured simply in a single relay or through a combination of relays via single-wire connection.
The family includes a module designed specifically for guardlocking applications. The GLP uses two proximity sensors to monitor machine motion, and unlocks the gate when safe speed is attained.
Expansion modules are available with four immediate or time-delayed outputs. The time delay module can be configured for on delay, off delay, or jog.
- Suitable for applications up to PLe, SIL 3 Per ISO13849-1
- Stop Category 0 and Stop Category 1
- One or two dual-channel inputs
- Two or three safety contacts
- One auxiliary contact
- Cross-fault monitoring
- Rotary switch configures auto/manual or monitored manual reset
- Same rotary switch configures AND/OR logic of input to device
- Removable terminals
- Can be used with interlocks, light curtains, safety mats, E-stops, and SensaGuard™ switches
- Single-wire safety output connects to single-wire safety input relays while maintaining SIL 3, PLe
- Guardlocking with proximity sensors
- Timed ON delay, OFF delay, and Jog outputs on EMD