Safety Isolation System
|Introduction||Specifications||Sequence of Operation||Communication||Product Selection||Introduction|
|Optional Expansion Module||Remote Lockout Station||Verification Module||Multiplexer/Permissive Module||System Selection Process|
The ElectroGuard system is designed to simplify the Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) task performed by a machine operator or maintenance personnel. The ElectroGuard system can control single or multiple energy sources simultaneously. Simplifying the procedure helps increase the likelihood that personnel will perform the LOTO on large processors or drive systems.
The ElectroGuard system can be configured with modules to provide:
- Electrical energy isolation (ElectroGuard Power Panel).
- Pneumatic energy isolation (Pneumatic Isolation Module).
- Hydraulic energy isolation (Hydraulic Isolation Module).
- Multiple lockout points (Remote Lockout Stations).
- Control of multiple systems (System Multiplexer/Permissive or Dual RLS).
- Interface to safety-gate interlocks (Verification Module).
The ElectroGuard allows the system engineer to design LOTO into the system. Locating the Remote Lockout Stations (RLS) at hazard entry points can result in the shortest down time during set-up or maintenance.
- System is designed to prevent accumulation of faults.
- Standard system provides for four RLS on the 23…85 A systems and up to six RLS on the 110…1200 A systems.
- Verification light on the RLS (no light means no entry).
- Meets International Standard EN 954-1/ISO 13849-1, TÜV certified Category 4 system.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic ready.
- Expansion modules allow for additional RLS connections.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic energy isolation.
- System multiplexer/permissive module allows for control of multiple energy sources simultaneously.
- Network communication option provides the control system with status.