Studio 5000 Logix DesignerAdd-on-Profiles
Studio 5000 Logix Designer (formerly RSLogix 5000) software includes full configuration and download support for the Rockwell Automation PowerFlex family of AC drives and select legacy drives. By integrating this part of the system into a single software package, management of drives in a control system is easier because there is only one software package to buy and learn.
Integrated PowerFlex configuration and setup wizards streamline drives installation with EtherNet/IP and ControlNet networks by eliminating the task of individually configuring the required drive parameters and tags. You no longer have to complete complicated programming functions when installing drives or constantly refer back to user manuals for specific parameter and tag information.
- Compatible with Studio 5000 Logix Designer and RSLogix 5000 v16 and higher, and for select drives on ControlNet or EtherNet/IP
- Dynamically select drive parameters transmitted as network I/O
- Wizards walk you through drive parameter configuration
- Diagnostic, fault, alarm, and event information are integral to Studio 5000 through the use of Add-On Profiles
- Allows continual use with DriveTools SP via import/export function
- Access, edit and save drive information to the control system project with ease
- Studio 5000 Logix Designer and RSLogix 5000 v20 add Automatic Device Configuration (ADC) support for the PowerFlex 525 and PowerFlex 750-Series drives. With ADC, the Logix controller can automatically detect a replaced drive and download all configuration parameters, eliminating the need for manual reconfiguration and reducing downtime
Drive Add-On Profiles ship with Studio 5000 Logix Designer and are also available via free download at: http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/webupdate
Drive Control Instructions in the Logix Environment
PowerFlex 755 AC drives can be configured with drive instructions embedded in Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix (available with RSLogix 5000 v20 and higher) Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC). These are the same configuration parameters and programming instructions as those used by Allen-Bradley Kinetix® servo drives. The generated application code can be applied to both drive platforms to significantly reduce programming time and provide a common, enhanced user experience.
Engineering tools within a single software package Studio 5000 Logix Designer provide simplified configuration, programming, commissioning, diagnostics and maintenance for PowerFlex 755 and Kinetix servo drives. This integration simplifies use and helps to deliver the accuracy and synchronization required by the application. In addition, the use of EtherNet/IP for your PowerFlex and Kinetix drives helps to increase machine design flexibility, improve system performance, and reduce system cost.
Studio 5000 Logix Designer and RSLogix 5000
Studio 5000 Logix Designer is the latest version (v21) of RSLogix 5000 and provides one software package for discrete, process, batch, motion, safety and drive-based applications.
The PowerFlex 525 AC drive is compatible with both Studio 5000 Logix Designer and RSLogix 5000 (v17 and higher). Any of these software options can help you reduce your programming time, ease startup and commissioning and streamline diagnostics.