Programmable Logic Controllers
MicroLogix 1100 System
The MicroLogix 1100 combines all the features you demand in a compact controller, with EtherNet/IP messaging, online editing, a built-in LCD screen on every controller and a powerful combination of I/O. For applications that utilize a 12 V power source, the new DWD controller has been added to the MicroLogix 1100 line. In addition, all MicroLogix 1100 controllers have recently been enhanced to offer increased power, speed and expanded communication capabilities.
MicroLogix Series B controllers offer the following:
- Key Features and Benefits
- Built-in 10/100 Mbps EtherNet/IP port for peer-to-peer messaging — offers users high speed connectivity between controllers, with the ability to access, monitor and program from anywhere an Ethernet connection is available
- Online editing functionality — modifications can be made to a program while it is running, making fine tuning of an operating control system possible, including PID loops. Not only does this reduce development time, but it aids in troubleshooting
- Embedded Web server — allows a user to custom configure data from the controller to be displayed as a web page
- Isolated RS-232/RS-485 combo port — provides a host of different point-to-point and network protocols
- Embedded LCD screen — allows user to monitor data within the controller, optionally modify that data, and interact with the control program. Displays status of embedded digital I/O and controller functions, and acts as a pair of digital trim pots to allow a user to tweak and tune a program
- Additional Features
- One 40kHz embedded high-speed counter (on controllers with dc inputs)
- Two 40kHz high-speed PTO/PWM (on controllers with dc outputs)
- Two embedded analog inputs (0 - 10 dc, 10 bit resolution)
- A simple operator interface for messages and bit/integer input
- 4K words user program memory and 4K words user data memory
- Up to 128K bytes for data logging and 64K bytes for recipe
- Email support
- CIP generic messaging support
For small applications, the embedded I/O in this controller may represent all of the control required. There are 10 digital inputs, 6 digital outputs, and 2 analog inputs on every controller, with the ability to add digital, analog, RTD, and thermocouple modules to customize the controller for your application. On the versions of the controller with dc inputs, there is a high speed counter, and on the dc output version, two PTO/PWM (pulse train outputs and pulse width modulated) outputs, enabling the controller to support simple motion capabilities.
The MicroLogix 1100 also supports expansion I/O. Up to four of the 1762-I/O modules (also used by the MicroLogix 1200 controller) may be added to the embedded I/O, providing application flexibility and support of up to 80 digital I/O.